Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, August 8, 2021

"Ghosts of the Grand Canyon" by Judy and Brian-James Martinez


 You know, with COVID and all happening....  I went back and reread some books about some of my favorite places to visit (Niagara Falls, Gettysburg, The Grand Canyon).  I kind took some imaginary trips in my mind...  And, as I thought about these places I love, but know I won't be able to get to anytime soon, I discovered some books I hadn't read on these great places!


One GREAT book I stumbled upon was "Ghosts of the Grand Canyon" by Judy and Brian-James Martinez.  First off, I would have totally bought this book for the cover!  Check that out!

The book is written by former employees at the Canyon who know the trails, buildings, shops, and places to stay well.  They have spent a lot of time there.  And they have a lot of ghost stories to tell!

One really spooky one involved people hearing a voice telling them to "Jump!".  Other stories involve ghosts, skinwalkers, Native American folklore, and deaths.

Links to the Battle of Shiloh and the Rough Riders figure in to the stories....  as does Paul McCartney.

There is a lot of fascinating history here too....  I enjoyed the author's stories about Fred Harvey and the Harvey girls.

I could go on and on.  I have read a ton of ghost books, and some are very hit or miss.  This is one of the more interesting AND more original ones.  It gets my highest possible recommendation.




No comments: