Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 9, 2023

"Roswell: History, Haunts and Legends" by Dianna Avena

I wanted to take a quick moment to mention a very interesting book I picked up recently while in the great state of Georgia- "Roswell: History, Haunts and Legends" by Dianna Avena.

I read a lot of regional books about ghosts and legends, and many of them are....  well, OK at best.  Ever so often though, I find one that really packs a punch, and this one sure does!

Roswell is a nice, easy to read volume with 17 chapters in it, each one about a different location in the town that is just a little above Atlanta.

By the way, I bought my copy while in Roswell, and Roswell is a wonderful little town (there are several towns in the northern Georgia area that I am really falling in love with).  I read a good bit of this one while in town, and it inspired me to change my travel plans....

I wanted to make sure I hit the Bulloch House and the Roswell White House- two buildings with serious presidential connections.

Speaking of presidential connections and history, this "ghost" book had a good balance of historic information and strange tales of the paranormal.  It didn't go too far out in left with dismissible stories about orbs or anything....  but there was still a good chunk of info about haunts.
 

No comments: