Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, January 21, 2023

"Tennessee Tales the Textbooks Don't Tell" by Jennie Ivey, W. Calvin Dickinson and Lisa W. Rand


 I found a nice signed copy of the book, "Tennessee Tales the Textbooks Don't Tell" recently at an antique shop and I am so glad that I found this one!

This is a great book with some simple to understand history about Tennessee.  It covers all of the legendary people and places, and even has a short interesting facts chapter at the end.  All 3 of the Presidents from the state are covered, as is divisions within the state during the Civil War, and of course, Elvis!

I enjoyed reading about Martin Luther King's becoming a martyr in Memphis.  The authors then give information on what happened to his assassin.

The book did come out several years ago, and, at the time of writing, Brushy Mountain Prison was still a working facility.  It is now (as I have mentioned on this blog several times) opened to tourists.

Anyway, I think a book like this for each state would be wonderful!

No comments: