Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Grand Traverse Pie Company in Michigan

The Grand Traverse Pie Company is a great small chain mostly in Michigan (their web site notes one location in Terre Haute Indiana....  I see a road trip to Terre Haute in my future).  Anyway, this IS my favorite small chain that I wish had locations in Kentucky.

I would compare this to some of the soup and sandwich chains that are pretty big these days.... but GTPC is better. 

We have stopped at some of the locations in our travels up north, and I cant get enough of it.  Oh, and their "Michigan Sweet Cherry" coffee is some of the best coffee on the planet...   I talk about coffee a lot so you know that means something.  Seriously, it is special.

On our most recent trip to Michigan, we stopped at the Kalamazoo location for a late lunch one day.  I had the tomato soup (excellent) and a turkey Rueben (unbelievable).  My wife had a great salad that she was equally impressed with....  Yeah, they are known for pies, but their basic menu items are flawless too. 

Of course we had some pie and it was great.

The restaurant was clean and the young staff was friendly and helpful.  I honestly can't wait to get back to Michigan to eat here again.








 

No comments: