Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, August 28, 2023

"Morgan's Great Raid: The Remarkable Expedition from Kentucky to Ohio" by David L. Mowery


 I wanted to mention "Morgan's Great Raid:  The Remarkable Expedition from Kentucky to Ohio" by David L. Mowery.  I have really enjoyed picking up and reading these books from the History Press recently.  They do a good job of covering the battles.

In this one, the author gives a nice account of the Raid.  I think most people who read up on the Civil War know this one, but Mowery gets in to the details of the pursuers, and he gets into the events of each little skirmish (and there are many).  

The Great Raid kind of occurred in areas that I am very familiar with....  I can't tell you how many times I am traveling and I see a historic marker about Morgan, especially in southern Ohio and Indiana.  Well, after reading this one, I know I am going to have to do some road tripping and retrace Morgan's path.

No comments: