Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

"Ghosts of Madison Indiana" by Virginia Dyer Jorgensen

Madison Indiana is simply one of my favorite little communities.  I would say that if you have ever been there, it is probably one of your favorites too.

So, I was glad to find a copy of "Ghosts of Madison, Indiana" by Virginia Dyer Jorgensen.  Its another book that has been out there for some time (it came out in 2012) that I personally JUST discovered.

This book is one of my favorite type of "ghost" books.  There are a lot of short chapters, packing in a lot of locations.  The author even discloses her own home's haunted past!

The book is packed with weird and strange stories, including a suicided at a funeral parlor, the unsolved murder of a sheriff, and tales of grave robbing (and forgotten burial sites!).

There are some interesting Civil War connections, something that always gets my attention.

Jorgensen gives names and info on pretty much all of the places she mentions, AND address are given too!  You could do your own ghost walk through town with this one.

You KNOW I will be taking this one with me next time I am in Madison!
 

No comments: