Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

"William Faulkner" by M. Thomas Inge

I wanted to mention a nice little short biography I picked up at Square Books while in Oxford Mississippi.  "William Faulkner" by M. Thomas Inge give a very nice, short intro to the author.

It is a quick read coming it at around 100 pages, and there are plenty of photos.

I honestly did not know a lot about Faulkner before this trip, and I am glad I picked this volume up to go along with the visit to Oxford, and to Faulkner's home, Rowan Oak.

The author tells a good bit about the Mississippian's personal life, his work, relationships, etc.  He also gives info about his releases, and the critic's reactions to Faulkner's works at the time of release.

Inge does mention that he briefly met Faulkner at one time....  I would have liked to have heard more about this, but he said that Mr. Faulkner patiently answered a few questions for him...  which is probably as complete of a story as he could provide.

 

No comments: