Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

"In Shadows Canyon Red" by Bill Stark

I saw that the book, "In Shadows Canyon Red:  Our Haunted Cabin in the Red River Gorge" by Bill Stark was coming out....  I knew I wanted to read this one!

Author Bill Stark is all over the socials....  And has a web site where you can order the book directly from him.  I got my copy from him signed, with a bonus bookmark and sticker!  Plus, ,it always help the author out when you order directly from them.....  But, copies are available all over the Gorge area.

Anyway, Bill and his wife bought a cabin at the Gorge and were excited to enjoy some time there.  Odd things start happening quickly (not JUST at the Gorge, but in general).  Still, the cabin seems to be a bit of the focus of the activity.

Bill and other guests encounter mists, orbs, bigfoot and other odd creatures.  The Wendigo, UFOs, and other oddities appear too.  Bill mentions several well known locals who experience things with him too.

The author and his wife appear on a Discovery Channel show to discuss their strange cabin on a show called "Terror in the Woods".  I watched it the other night, and it is a very well done episode.

Also covered in the book are the many other strange topics like the many Kentucky Yeti sightings that are reported, and Daniel Boone's killing of a 10 foot creature.

"In Shadows Canyon Red" is a fantastic story that would almost feel like fiction, except the author is down to earth and believable.  

I will definitely take this one with me to read late at night on my next over night adventure to the Gorge!


 

No comments: