Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tony Packo's Toledo Ohio

Toledo Ohio is an interesting town. I wouldn't lie and say that it is a must stop. Its not, but it is still a nice town.

They do have a really cool art museum. I've had fun at many of their malls.

I LOVE the Toledo Mud Hens. In fact, if you are a baseball fan, a stop in Toledo to see probably the most legendary mnior league baseball team ever is a must. They have also set up hockey and arena football teams in the area.

AND, there is Tony Packo's. Big hot dogs and chili have been the standards there when I have gone. Oh, and chocolate chip cookies. It is a tasty place.

The first time I went myself, however, it was to check out their collection of autographed hot dog buns. Seriously, they have hundreds, if not thousands, of signed hot dog buns on their walls! I have heard that they actually use plastic replica buns for their signatures. Anyway, they are all displayed nicely all over their walls. They actually display very nicely!

I once took my dad through Toledo. He is a Vietnam vet, and has always been a fan of the show MASH. He was familiar with the restaurant (and Toledo) from the mentions of it on his favorite show, thanks to Jamie Farr's thoughtful hometown endorsements during the series. My dad enjoyed the many MASH props on display.

There are several Packo's locations throughout Toledo. I went to the original a lot, but enjoyed the one next to the ballpark too. In fact, a Mud Hens game and a stop at Tony Packo's justify a stop in Toledo.






http://www.tonypackos.com/index.php

2 comments:

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Autographed Hot Dog Buns=Awesome.

jimerado said...

Hey Jeremy, thanks for stopping by! Yes, looking at their impressive autographed bun collection is fun, and the food is great too!