Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Indiana State Museum Indianapolis









The Indiana State Museum is ANOTHER one of the great museums in Indianapolis. This is one of the nicest all around museums I have visited in some time. In fact, this museums biggest competition in my books would come from the same town.

This museum has a great section on minerals, fossils, world history, and state history. The military and pop culture are covered too. The top floor has a lot of art. Oh, and the tall Indiana sculpture by Robert Indiana is awesome. Click on the picture and take a look.

I know this sounds weird, but they have a very nice, classy cafeteria here. Very clean and pleasant. We set out on their patio area and took in the great view of the town, its water way, and its skyline. Click on that view to and take it in.

Their gift shop is two stories! I have picked up some cool Cherub items here (see my previous and future posts on the Indianapolis Cherub, one of my favorite Christmas icons). I also found some great gifts, and postcards here.

No comments: