Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Indianapolis at Christmas



















Indianapolis is a very cool city, I have said it before. Plus, I think the town is attractive, especially downtown.

I was in the area around Thanksgiving again this year. Indy loves Christmas, and it is so festive there during the holidays.

I am posting some pictures (interior and exterior) of their "Artsgarden" which is right in the middle of the Circle City Mall, and downtown area. You can't miss it. There is usually some nice art hanging in there.

http://www.indyarts.org/artsgarden.aspx

I love how many of the downtown hotels connect up to the mall and all. This is very nice on a cold weekend.

The photo of Lucas Oil Stadium at night was taken from the Eagles Nest, the rotating restaurant on top of the Hyatt downtown. The food was unreal there. The view was great too, as you can see. Plus, since the places rotates a full circle about every hour, you get to see the entire city.

The town has it's annual tree lighting ceremony. Actually, they light their Soldiers and Sailors Monument up like a tree. The actual event is televised, and it attracts about 100,000 people to downtown.

I have included a photo of the Chocolate Cafe right next to the monument downtown. This place is the real deal. A cup of hot chocolate here around Christmas is a must.

http://www.southbendchocolate.com/

The town puts their Christmas Cherub up on the clock each year. Another very cool Indianapolis tradition


I have included a photo of Indianapolis' "The Box." I know many cities (Columbus comes to mind) have done campaigns asking that people donate to programs to help the homeless, and not directly to people asking for money on the streets. I think it is very good that Indianapolis has started this program.

Oh, and Indianapolis has a ton of museums. I have been to most of them, and I have never felt let down. I went to the State Museum for the second time this year recently.

A tip of the hat goes to Chik-Fil-A over the Thanksgiving weekend in Indy. Before the tree lighting ceremony, friendly staff and dancing cows were out, passing out new spicy chicken sandwiches to everybody! They were on just about every corner, and gave sandwiches to people in cars who pulled up beside them!

No comments: