Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, June 18, 2012

bus tour washington



During our time in DC, we opted to use the touristy Double Decker Tours to get around.

We have had good luck using the orange and green trolley in other towns, but for DC, this seemed to be the better value.

They had a deal where you could ride for 2 days and get about a one hour cruise on the Potomac.

This was my first time on the top part of a bus like this, and I must say that it was just as cool as I expected.  I did get smacked on the head by a couple of tree branches, but that was part of the experience. 

They do warn you not to stand up but when going through the Georgetown area, you REALLY had to watch for power lines and branches.

I liked the photo ops while riding on the top too.  You have a bit of a better angle.

The cruise was cool too.  it was a nice addition to the trip.  I like the whole on/off thing with tour buses, and the fact that the are focused on the areas tourists want to see.

At different points the company used live tour guides talking about the sites, and at other times they used a recording.

My only criticism was that, at some points, the recordings were a bit off.

This was no big deal though, and we were still very happy with the dollar value of what we got form this tour.

No comments: