Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Images of Historic America: Holiday World

I picked up the book, "Images of America: Holiday World" at Holiday World this year!
 
 
In general, I like these books for the pictures, and the basic history lessons.  They are very easy to read while still covering a lot of ground.
 
I mentioned before that I used to go to Holiday World quit a bit when I was young and it is great seeing the old photos.  In fact, there are some VERY old photos in this book.
 
I love the fact that this book discusses the legendary Santa Claus Indiana post office, Santa Jim Yellig, and the various acts and rides that have been around at Santa Claus Land/Holiday World!
 
If you are a fan of the legendary theme park, you MUST get this book!  The copy I bought at Holiday World is signed by Pat Koch.
 


No comments: