Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Kennesaw and Marietta Georgia.... Again

Several months ago I wrote about our trip through Georgia, and I mentioned some of the stops we made in Kennesaw and in Marietta.  These are great towns, and during our first trip, we were on a major time limit.  We weren't able to see nearly enough!

We agreed that, as soon as we had a moment to do so, we would have to return.  Luckily, we were able to do just that recently!  We were also able to spend a day at Stone Mountain, which was a treat!

Obviously, we were visiting Civil War sites again, and this trip had a very southern feel to it.

Personally, we left these towns months ago, feeling that there were some specific things we missed, and we really wanted to get back to do them.  This trip completed something I want to do after almost every trip- get a second chance to see everything I want to see in a place.  I feel like we covered these areas and I feel very satisfied about it!

Still, like I said before, this is a great area and I would like to get back again.

We did get to complete a nice, casual visit around the Kennesaw Battlefield!  Check out these photos!




No comments: