Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Marietta Georgia

We had such a nice time just a few months ago in Marietta Georgia (mentioned here, here, and here).  I am pretty sure this town is now one we want to visit as often as we can.

 On this trip, we timed it out so that we could be in the downtown square area on the day that they have one of their art walks.

Marietta Square is simply a perfect community area with a lot to do.  There are many great little shops and places to eat, all focusing on local pride.

When we first got to the area, we went to Cool Beans Coffee.  This is a nice, casual and fun coffee shop with a lot of character.  They have some nice local free 'zines available, and good coffee!  Original art is on the walls, and hearing Danzig's "Mother" as we walked in made me feel alive.  This is a great local coffee shop.

We stopped by a similar spot later about a block away.  The Australian Bakery Café had a similar, fun vibe.  We had coffee and snacks.....

I also wanted to give a quick mention to Robinson's Coins.  I have been picking up the occasional Civil War era coin here and there, and obscure token.  Anyway, I have stumbled in here twice and these guys are really nice and helpful.  Finding this cool coin shop was a huge bonus.

Another business that I liked a lot on the square was Lizards and Lollipopz.  They have a cool painting on their window which is worth checking out.  AND they sell all sorts of great children's toys.

Oh, and the art walk!  I was very impressed!  There was some nice, original art that was affordable!

My wife really liked Fleurenasci.  They use flowers to make beads.  Their stuff looked great, and it was very unique.

I was so glad that I got to explore this area again and I am sure that I will be here more in the future!

No comments: