Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tower of the Americas- San Antonio Texas

I think anywhere up high with some sort of an observation area is a must do while on vacation.

The Tower of the Americas is a great landmark in San Antonio.  It was built for the 1968 World's Fair.

This was one of the more hoppin' space needle type structures we have visited.  It was full of people, unlike at the Knoxville Sunsphere or the Florida Citrus Tower.  Plus, they had some other cool things to do here.

There is a restaurant at the top, but we did not visit that.  They did have an exciting "4-D" movie about the state of Texas- think 3-D movie, with a moving chair, and mist and smoke effects in the theater.  I almost passed on seeing the film, but I checked it out, and it was pretty cool.

You take an elevator to the top, and you can look out a window and see all of San Antonio.  There is an open area too.  In the more open area, the wind was blowing like crazy!  I had to put my hand over my face to make sure my glasses didn't come off!

This was a great experience, and we enjoyed our time at the Tower.



No comments: