Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, December 28, 2020

The Crime Buff's Guide to Outlaw Washington, DC by Ron Franscell

Oh, I have mentioned author Ron Franscell here before.  In fact, he is one of the few authors that I will buy his books, just because of the author.  He writes FASCINATING crime guides to specific places, and he gives addresses.

Well, I realized I had never read his "Crime Buff's Guide to Outlaw Washington, DC" yet!

These are just easy to read books.  Ron gives ya a brief description of the crime, he tells you where it happened and thats it.  You can google more about specific cases and you can googlemap the location.  His books are often a starting point to find out more about a case.

This particular volume covered a lot of ground.  The first/main section is on Washington DC.  There is another section on the Lincoln Assassination.  A third section covers Maryland and the last section is devoted to Arlington National Cemetery.

I enjoy reading about the Civil War, and I was glad to see multiple references to Dan Sickles.  Several recent crimes were covered in the book too.  Some really strange topics Franscell gets in to include Watergate, the Bunny Man legend, a stolen skull, and, one of my favorite characters in history, Robert Todd Lincoln (who is nearby during more presidential assassinations than just his dad's).

The book is packed and oozing with strange crime cases.  It gets my highest recommendation!



 

No comments: