Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, August 18, 2023

True Crime: Michigan by Tobin T. Buhk

I have been rereading books lately.  I keep a lot of good books around, and its been nice going back to look through a volume that I enjoyed before.

I read "True Crime: Michigan" by Tobin T. Buhk several years ago.  I thought it would be enjoyable to check  it out again for our recent Michigan road trip.

Michigan has had some strange crimes, and the oddest and scariest ones are documented here.  Buhk collects 10 of the most intriguing ones here.

Most were new to me.  The only one that I was familiar with was the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.  Well, the author really gives a quick but thorough summary of that one.

Other crimes are very dark..... in fact, one involves young children.  There is a Joseph Smith link in another.  Another case involves meeting victims through personal ads.

The easy to read book is a little over 130 page and I found it interesting to read again.

 

No comments: