Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lexington Kentucky Stamp Show

The Henry Clay stamp group will be having their stamp show in a couple of weeks. I went to last years show and had a great time!

I love artsy, historic items, and stamps (and other mail related items)- they are a great, underrated collectible in my books.

I am a fan of getting envelopes cancelled on special occasions. I also love postcards. I know I will find all sorts of great (and affordable) goodies at this show.

I enjoy the crossover factor in this field. I personally love all things Kentucky. I like researching baseball, space exploration, and music. I am certain I will find First Day Covers, stamps and postcards related to all of these categories at the show.

Last year I picked up a number of First Day Covers for under a dollar (there were 50 cent boxes!).

Check out their site:

http://www.henryclayphilatelic.org/

It is going to be March 20-21 at the Ramada Conference Center on North Broadway. I think admission is free (you can afford that!). They will probably have some stamps to give to kids too. Even if you are slightly interested in stamps, you might as well go!

No comments: