Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

I have been here and there recently. I have a lot of info to get up on this site. I am reading a lot of books, and visiting a lot of places. I know I have said it before, but I feel very privileged to live in such a great state, and such a great country with so many opportunities to travel and to find information!

One town that is growing on me is right now is Columbus. I was there the other day and saw some nice progress. I don't want to start comparing it to Pittsburgh, but it sort of has that excitement to it.

The town has a good rhythm. It feels right. It is happening and moving, but it still has a safe and clean feel. I love Easton, I love their artsy area (North Shore) and I love the German area.

I took a lot of photos. There are some great looking places and buildings.

I remember going to Pittsburgh a lot in the late 90s and early 00s. It seemed each time I went over to PA, something new and cool was going on. Pittsburgh seemed to say, "We are tired of being the punchline of a joke. We are better than that!"

I sort of feel like Columbus is developing that attitude.

Oh, and I have some great photos of Savannah to post too. What a town! Savannah reminded me of some other towns I have visited, but it still has a very unique style. The food was good everywhere!

No comments: