Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Rob Wingert Gettysburg Tour August 2015

 Back in 2015, I blogged about one of our visits to Gettysburg, and our GREAT Battlefield Tour with Licensed Battlefield Tour Guide Rob Wingert.  When you make it to Gettysburg, touring with an OFFICIAL (there are imitators) tour guide is the only way to go.  These guys are rock stars.

We had a great tour, CUSTOM PLANNED to my requests (they do that sort of thing) and Rob was just a lot of fun.  

I kept up with Rob briefly after our tour.  After a bit though, he stopped returning my emails.  That was OK though, I didn't take it personally.  I know people get busy.  I would learn later though that, sadly, Rob had passed away.

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with him.  I would love to hear from anyone else who knew Rob.  Anyway, enjoy this battlefield video.

No comments: