Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Festivals

There are plenty of festivals going on at the moment. Apple fests, ghost walks, and haunted houses. I love this time of the year!
Last weekend, there were festivals all over the state. The Chicken Festival, according to the local news, drew hundreds of thousands of visitors! The actors who played Bo and Luke Duke were there. I really need to get down to that festival next year.
Last year I went to the Lebanon Ohio Apple festival. I passed on that one this weekend to hit Ham Days in Lebanon Kentucky.
This was a nice, family oriented event. It was rainy, and the event seemed under attended. I still had a great time.
They had a parade, vendors, and all sorts of carnival type food stands. Their prime rib sandwiches were better than I heard they would be.
This might be a good festival for a family that enjoys the occasional festival event without shoulder to shoulder crowds.
I know Paducah also had a big festival this past weekend. I will try to get some Ham Days pics up soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you didn't get the chance to stay late and attend the Ham Jam or our Country Ham Breakfast held on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I would like to invite you back next year, Sept. 25 and 26, 2010.

Bernadette

jimerado said...

Yes, I heard there was a lot more going on that I missed. Thanks for the friendly invite for next year!