Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kentucky Horse Park Lexington
















I have to admit, I don't know a lot about horses. We used to own a pony, many years ago. I love them, and have a lot of respect for horses, but I am just not on top of whats going on in the world of horses.

A coworkers family raises race horses. I have tried to have them explain horse racing to me. My mind just doesn't grasp it though.

I hope to find out more about horses. I am a bit ashamed. I live in Kentucky. I should know more.

I did spend a day at the horse park a some time ago. I had fun. It is a nice place. I had a very relaxing day there, and hope to go back soon, but only after I have a better feel for horses (is there an "Idiots Guide" to horses I should read?).

We did go on a weekday. They did a great horse show, and there was a little train that tours people around the park. Being that it was a weekday, there really weren't a lot of people there, making this an extremely relaxing visit.

Oh, I do admire the fact that retired race horses do come here to retire. That is pretty cool.








http://www.kyhorsepark.com/

No comments: