Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Downtown Cleveland Ohio

I remember feeling overwhelmed the first few times I went to downtown Cleveland. There was so much going on.
The area can explode with energy. They have an top level pro football, baseball, and basketball teams here. They have the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. They have the very under appreciated Tower City.


I have mentioned before that I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the town. It can be tough, and their are some negatives here.



One thing that really gets under my skin is their use of "red light cameras". I know a few other major cities use these I am not a fan. Plus, I recall seeing many near accidents in red light camera areas where cars would slam on their brakes and skid instead of rolling through an orange light. Keep in mind that Cleveland roads get icy a lot too.



There is some strange crime history here too. I won't even get in to it, but look up the unsolved Torso Murders and Elliot Ness' involvement in Cleveland's history. Akron and Kent have some odd tales too.



There is some normalcy here too. The Science Center is fun. I have always loved the large and complex Tower City. I love how some of the mall part is underground. You can enter Tower City, go down a floor, and come up in another building. Some of the mall area is under the street!



They have a nice Hard Rock Cafe. In fact, if I had to choose between the Hard Rock and the Rock Hall, I would probably go to the Hard Rock.

No comments: