Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Berea Kentucky



I don't know if anyone cares, but I thought I would put some pictures up of Berea to go along with the postcard pictures I am putting up on this blog.

I am going to have to get down to Berea again soon, and take some pictures of the buildings in the postcards and do a side by side comparison.

In these photos:

The newly renovated Boone Tavern. I would call this the backside of Boone Tavern, but I guess that depends on how you are looking at it. To me, this is the exterior area that looks the most different. It looks a lot nicer than it did while I was working there.

Mario's Pizza. When I was going to Berea, the good people at Mario's would DELIVER a Grizzly to you WITH a two liter for $10! Let me explain "The Grizzly." It was bigger than their large. It was BIG. It was thin, but it was big. 5 guys could pitch in $2 each and pig out. God bless Mario's. I still crave their pizza, and I make it down for their buffet every few months. I will have to get an honest review up of the place soon.

The big brick building is Blue Ridge. It was my freshmen dorm. I had a lot of fun there. It was a hike from all of the other buildings on campus.

There is also a picture of my buddy (and fellow Berea grad) Rick in Main Street Cafe. This was Fast Eddie's place when I was a student. I know Sune who worked with the Berea College Country dancers got this place going and he did a great job. I had a Reuben here last time I was in town, and I want one of those Reuben's right now! I have been stopped here pretty much each of the last few times I have been to Berea and I left happy.

No comments: