Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Downtown Columbus OH.
















Columbus is a town that has a very lively feel. I have compared it to Pittsburgh before, and I think that is an accurate comparison. Columbus is trying to make itself relevant again, and the "trying" part of their efforts may be over.

Columbus has, hands down, some of my favorite shopping areas outside of Kentucky. I will put some posts up soon about their huge book store in their German area, and Easton to talk more about that.

Their Short North Arts District is very cool. I have always enjoyed strolling through their artsy shops here. Check out their site:

http://www.shortnorth.org/

I have watched some great small venue concerts here, and I have been to several sporting events. In fact, if I remember correctly, Columbus was hosting regular MMA events before that became popular.

COSI, the areas science museum is legendary. I know we have all been to science centers and kids museums, but this is in a class of its own. It is overwhelming. I know they just got the Titanic Exhibit AGAIN. I saw it when it was there the first time. COSI alone is worth a trip to town.

http://www.cosi.org/

The town looks nice too. The skyline is attractive. The town is big and happening, but it is friendly. We walked about half an hour from our hotel to the new ballpark and we enjoyed the casual walk.

Check out my other blog for a review of the new Hunting Park where the AAA Clippers play.

No comments: