Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Random Thoughts on Friday

I have to admit, the heat is getting to me!

If you are in Lexington, check out the new restaurant, BlueFire Bar and Grill, at the Hyatt Regency connected to Rupp.

I had some Maple Salmon there the other day that was really nice! They have remodelled, and retooled the place. It is an upgrade.

I am not a pro wresting fan these days, but I was one growing up. I know wresting was at Rupp the other night. Someone told me they saw Jerry Lawler in town, and he was a really nice guy.

I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but when I was a VERY little kid, I got Lawler's autograph at the Sports Center in Owensboro. I remember looking up at him, and holding my small photo of him over my head. I remember him being very kind about it, and making a point to look me in the eyes and saying, "you're welcome" after I said thank you. "The King" will always be a Kentucky favorite.

No comments: