Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

The weather has been a little cooler lately in my neck of the woods! The heat was getting to me!

I am already getting my flannel shirts out and fantasizing about some apple cider.

This should be a great weekend to get out and do something! The Multi-Cultural Festival is going on in Owensboro. The Woodland Park Art Festival is going on in the Lexington area too!

http://www.lexingtonartleague.org/woodland.htm

Don't forget that baseball season is winding down. Get out and see a game!

I do have a camera full of pictures from a few different trips recently that I am overdue on unloading! I need to get some pictures up soon of another trip to Indianapolis. Their State Museum, and their War Memorial Museum are unbelievable! At the War Memorial, they have a room devoted to the USS Indianapolis. If you are not familiar with this WWII ship and it's story, look it up. The ship was hit and went down. The survivors were in the ocean for 4 days before they were rescued.

No comments: