Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

I hope everyone has something festive planned this weekend!

I know I usually babble on and on about strange things, especially considering the season. I like to talk about weird events, strange places, my sister, unsolved mysteries, etc. I would like to take a moment to discuss something else odd and exciting but still travel related- space travel!

If you lost interest in what NASA was up to after Apollo, now is a great time to jump back on the bandwagon.

STS-133 is right now scheduled to launch Tuesday. This should be the last mission of the Discovery shuttle EVER! A robot (Robonaut2) is going up on this flight!

Oh, and some of the proposed missions to Mars give me goosebumps! Several groups are talking about getting humans there by the 30s.

Back to the shuttles. After the three remaining shuttles are retired, they are going to find their way to museums. I know the Air Force Museum in Dayton is trying to secure one of them! Anyone in Kentucky could make short weekend or day trip to Dayton to see a shuttle!

No comments: