Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Tour












Last Christmas, my aunt made bourbon balls. I had two and I was unable to drive home. Seriously.

I am not a fan of alcohol in general.

Still, there is a lot of bourbon around the area. I took the Woodford Reserve tour not long ago.

The process for making it, and the effort put into making sure the quality of the finished product is admirable and impressive. They really go to a lot of trouble making sure that the bourbon is right.

The building where they store the barrels of bourbon was really cool. I liked the fact that the process is so primitive still. Barrels stacked up in a barn. Very traditional.

This is a classy place, and it is really cool that they let you see how things are done. The grounds are beautiful, and the drive out is great too.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey Jim!
We like Woodford Reserve, but haven't been on the tour. Maybe the next time we visit KY...

jimerado said...

Hey, that would be great!