Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eldridge F. Williams- Tuskegee Airmen

I recently sent some notes out to the legendary Tuskegee Airmen. Eldridge Williams sent a nice note, with some interesting info on the airmen, and on his career.

Next year their annual convention will be held in Washington DC.

I asked Mr. Williams his thoughts on race relations, and on what he did in the 1940's.

"Race relations- opportunities exceed barriers based on race. All we asked was for an opportunity- turned adversity into opportunity."

Eldridge also notes that his book, "Without Wings, I Soared" will be released in 2011!

If you are not familiar with the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, check out their entry on Wikipedia, or just google them.

1 comment:

jlbracken said...

I have a copy of a photo with Eldridge F Williams along side with my uncle John T Turner. I will be writing a paper on the Tuskegee Airmen, and I would love to get some any information.
Jeanette Bracken