Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

I made it up to the Cleveland area recently. I find myself there a lot these days. I used to live there though, so I do look forward to getting back up there, seeing old friends, and hanging out at my old hang outs.

The landscape changes so quickly. Some of my favorite old coffee shops are gone. Stores are leaving (see my previous entry on Joseph-Beth). In the South Euclid area, there is a strip mall that has been taken out. Literally, it is just not there. They took it down.

There are some nice new things in the area too. We tried some new restaurants on this trip. We loved the Tomato Grill in Hudson, TJs Italian food in Mentor, and in Tremont, we stopped at Michael Symon's restaurant Lolita which was very different. I took pictures, and I was going to do a separate entry on that, but my photos are dark and they don't do the food justice.

It was good seeing old friends and all. Some of the sweetest people in the world that I know are (ironically) in Akron Ohio. I really enjoy getting to that area.

2 comments:

Dan Chure said...

I just got your letter and have some questions. Would you send me you email so I can write to you about them?

Dan Chure

jimerado said...

Thanks Dan, I sent ya a postcard with my info on it. Also, I have added an email under my profile on this site.
Thanks for getting back to me!