Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ripper Owens Tap House- Akron Ohio













What do Jimerado and the former lead singer of Judas Priest have in common? VERY little, but I think we both appreciate good wings.

Tim "Ripper" Owens has put together a really cool bar with a focus on wings. God bless him.

I rememeber going to this place back when it was Scorchers 7 or 8 years ago.

A couple of friends recently told me that the local legend, Owens, started this new business.

I am not a heavy metal fan myself, but you have to admire Tim Owens. If you are not familiar with him, look him up. He was singing in cover bands when he was asked to replace Rob Halford in Judas Priest. He had a great run with them, and his career has been very successful since departing from Judas Priest. The movie "Rock Star" was inspired by Owens.

Tim's story is unique and interesting. In interviews he comes off as intellegent, and very serious about his music. He has been a great representative of the Akron area.

Back to Tim's wing peddling business. I tried 3 different flavors of wings at my visit and they were all great. There are THIRTY different flavors of wings, and he does have a "World Tour of Wings" going for those who want to try all of them.

Tim has some cool displays on his walls, incluing instruments, photos, and other cool rock memorabilia. I can look at that stuff all day.

We went on a Sunday, and I did see people wearing Steelers jerseys there to watch football. Another reason to give this bar a positive review.

This will be a "must stop" on future Akron visits.

http://www.ripperowenstaphouse.com/

No comments: