Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Northern Kentucky River Monsters








I was able to check out the Northern Kentucky River Monsters a few days ago!


I am really happy that some indoor football action is going on in the state. Check out my other blog for some old articles on the Lexington Horsemen.


Speaking of the Lexington Horsemen (also known as the Kentucky Horsemen) there are some former Horsemen players on the River Monsters team!


Jared Lorenzen (who spent time with the New York Giants in the NFL) was going to be the teams GM. Somehow, he has found his way back on the field!

The Bank of Kentucky Center in Highland Heights is great too. It has a very new, clean feel to it. It felt like a small stadium, almost custom built for arena style football. I like this place.


I did see some weird things. The cheer leading team is called "The Bait." Seriously. I did not make that up. In fact, I wish they hadn't made that up.

Their mascot looks like the Swamp Thing. Check out the picture. Also, I did not see the mascot interacting with fans. Then again, it is a scary looking mascot.

Get out and see this team! They are putting on a great show, with seats as cheap as $7. Parking was easy too!

Oh, and their merch was very reasonable. They weren't trying to rip anyone off with shirt prices from $10-$15. I bought 3.

Again, it takes a lot to put a pro team like this together, find a venue, and players. PLEASE get out and support this team!

No comments: