Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Muffler Man near Madisonville (sort of)



HEY! I don't think there are currently ANY muffler men in the state of Kentucky. VERY sad.

There IS the body of a muffler man near Madisonville! My dad actually spotted this one on a trip through western Kentucky.

He has no arms, and it looks like they have tried to make a head for him. Someone, help hook these guys up with a repro muffler man head (does such a thing exist?!?)!

He is on private property, but you can see him easily, though at a distance. I reported him to roadsideamerica.com and they have put an entry up for him!

3 comments:

Joel said...

This was a great find made by your Dad back in 2011, because of your post on Roadside America I have visited this family twice since Aug 2011 and have become good friends with them. I am still trying to locate a head and arms for this guy (not an easy task). His roots are in Clarksville, TN where he lived at the now run down and closed "Pistol Pete's" pawn shop and was sold when the store closed sometime in 1996. He has stood on this hill ever since.

jimerado said...

JOEL! Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad that my posts were helpful!

I am glad to hear the story on this guy! I bet he fit in well there in Clarksville...

You would think someone out there would be making repro parts for these guys!

Joel said...

Check out my blog and video's for more
www.americangiants.wordpress.com