Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Random Thoughts on Friday

This is one of my favorite times of the year! I know that in my area, we went from summer to autumn in a matter of about 24 hours.

I am itching to drive somewhere on a Kentucky backboard (the destination isn't that important) and drink something with an apple taste.

There is a lot to do in Kentucky right now! Elizabethtown has a street painting festival going on this weekend. I am not sure about that one, but here is a link:
kyviacolori.com

There is a stamp and postcard show in Lexington. I love looking through old postcards. It will be at the Ramada on 2143 North Broadway.

I just found out that the Indoor Football team formerly known as the Northern Kentucky River Monsters has moved to Muncie Indiana. They will be playing in a different league too.
Their former league, the Ultimate Indoor Football League WILL have a team at the Bank of America Center for this upcoming season, but that team has not yet been named. The popular Eastern Kentucky Drillers out of Pikeville will again be in the league!

Anyone know of any Halloween related stage productions going on? I will go see anything! Seriously, if you know of even a mediocre middle school drama club doing Dracula, let me know.

Also, if there are any cool ghost walks or seasonal historical tours in your area, tell me about it! I know my buddy David Wolfe is doing one in Owensboro that I have been told is great! The one in Lexington is a lot of fun too.

Oh, I was chatting with a friend the other day who has been going on road trips longer than I have been around! he recently converted some old slides and he has given me copies!!!! I have several CDS full of older photos from some great tourists stops. I should be getting some posts on those up soon!

No comments: