Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ale-8-1 Bottling Winchester, KY

















Once, I attended a sporting event in Lexington where a free six pack of Ale-8 was given to each ticket purchaser. I thought it was the greatest promotion ever!


Anyway, I love Ale-8. If you are not familiar with it, it is usually compared to ginger ale.


I guess that is the best comparison, but it is still very unique.


Most people think it tastes better from the bottle than from a can (I think this theory applies to all drinks myself, but especially Ale-8).


The beverage is very popular in my neck of the woods and I am glad that many locals support this Kentucky product.


The Ale-8-1 company does have a very nice factory tour! I went there on a recent Friday morning.


There was a short video about the company, and the history of the drink.


We were taken to the bottling area. it was very cool watching them fly through. Check out the photos!


The tour is actually short, but informative. I think this would be a very nice adventure for a kid, or someone with a short attention span.


They do have a nice display of old bottles and other products.


There is a very cool gift shop selling shirts, caps, and other Ale-8-1 products. I would say that their gift shop is more reasonably priced than many.


We had a great tour guide who gave everyone on the tour an Ale-8 and a book about Kentucky facts (I will get a review of that book up soon). The good folks at Ale-8 hooked me up with a very cool 2012 calendar too!


Thanks for being such a cool Kentucky company Ale-8-1!


No comments: