Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bethlehem KY Post Office













We took a little road trip through parts of Kentucky and Indiana right before Christmas. We stopped at post offices in Bethlehem Kentucky, Bethlehem Indiana, and Santa Claus Indiana just to get postmarks from these festive areas!


ALL were great! Susan Leopold, the Postmaster at the Bethlehem Kentucky PO was VERY cool! We felt more like we were in a friends home than at a post office. I absolutely love small town post offices with friendly postmasters.


They have a living nativity right across the street from the post office too. I will have to catch this next year.


I did get one letter postmarked with both Bethlehem (Indiana and Kentucky) postmarks. Check that out!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim, I can't believe I found this! I'm am thrilled that you shared your story with everyone about visiting Bethlehem KY and meeting me at the Post Office. I am really glad you felt so welcomed. PLEASE come back and see us. Remember, we have our Christmas Open House at the Post Office the first Sat of December. The Living Nativity you mentioned runs Dec. 22-25 each year,6:30pm to 9:00 pm.

Thanks again for sharing.

Susan Leopold
Postmaster

jimerado said...

HEY SUSAN! I am glad you stopped by my blog! Good to hear from ya again!
We will try to make it to at least one of these events! We loved the town and the area!