Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Random Thoughts On Friday

I wanted to take a moment today to tip my hat to the great businesses in downtown Lexington. I personally find myself spending a lot of time at the Hyatt Regency, Rupp Arena, the Convention Center, Sawyers, etc. Some days I might go down to the Starbucks down there and just read.

Sure, I am hoping the area gets going like some other downtown areas. Its not as happenin' as some other established downtown areas in bigger cities. Still, it is nice. AND, it is very safe.

I think I have mentioned here before that security at Rupp Arena is incredible. Think about it. The venue hosts many events each year where 24,000 plus come in. Rupp doesn't sell alcohol during the college games, but there are plenty of places close to drink before and after a game.

I have watched security at Rupp, the Convention Center, and the Hyatt act VERY quickly to take care of negative situations.

I know that, if I go downtown and someone is doing something thats not appropriate, someone is around to take care of it.

I was recently in another bigger city at a large sporting event. Walking to the venue (and once inside), I was asked to give and donate money, I was asked to buy various items, and I witnessed other inappropriate activity.

Lexington is not like that. I feel comfortable taking friends (some with young children) downtown. Places like The Hyatt, Rupp, Sawyers, the Convention Center, and MANY other great businesses have done a great job of establishing a family friendly vibe.

No comments: