Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cooter's Place- Gatlinburg, TN.





Remember when you were a kid, "The Dukes of Hazzard" was the coolest show ever?
You watched it because it was fun, the good guys weren't totally PC, but they were honest and you could relate to them. You wanted to be them.
As you get older, you forget about how cool the show was. You outgrow your appreciation for it.
Well, while we were in Gatlinburg recently, we stopped in to "Cooter's Place." I immediately remembered my love for the show as a kid. I also realized that I still love it.
Ben Jones, who played Cooter on the show, has set up a museum/gift shop devoted to the old show.
This place is so cool. I enjoyed looking at the various pictures, props and other items from the show.
You could buy shirts, caps, cars, old toys, stickers and all sorts of other items relating to the show.
I thought it was just like Cooter to open up a museum WITHOUT an admission charge! I am sure he would appreciate it if you bought some swag to help him out, but still, you can come in and see whats there for free.
There is also mini-golf and go cart racing inside. There is a General Lee too.
Prices were reasonable. I picked up some stickers for a few bucks. Vintage Bo Duke action figures were about $10. You could find autographed photos of Cooter for $5.
This place is awesome!

No comments: