Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Charleston West Virginia










We have passed through and spent some time in Charleston lately.  I do like this area, and the entire state of West Virginia is growing on me!

We have found a couple of nice coffee shops and a great indy bookstore here.

I do have to admit that I have a preference for the Huntington area (which is closer to Kentucky, PLUS they have Hillbilly Hot Dogs AND Billy Bob's Pizza Wonderland close by- see my separate posts on those places).

Charleston does have a minor league baseball team.  See my posts on my baseball blog about the West Virginia Power.

Unfortunately, the area also has a bit of a parking problem.  Free parking is scarce.  Considering that the attractions in the area are primarily chain stores, this does not encourage road trippers to stop and hang out long OR repeatedly.

Still, this blogger/road tripper enjoys the drive to the area.  A great minor league park and good coffee shops will bring me back!






No comments: