Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Forbidden Caverns in Tennessee











We stopped by Forbidden Caverns near Sevierville Tennessee recently.  It is only a few miles from the Bush's Beans visitor center which was nice!

The tour was nice.  Lots of lights and lots of formations that look like people, animals, etc.

I know a few people who refuse to visit caves on their road trips (saying that they are all pretty much the same after awhile).  I understand the logic, but I still think visiting every one I can is great.  They are all unique in some way and I like the fact that someone is running the cave, giving tours, and keeping the gift shop open.  Someone thinks each cave is significant enough to keep it going.

It breaks my heart when I read about old show caves no longer open.  I really hate hearing about caves blocked up with no access (St. Louis did that to some of their caves decades ago).

So, go down to Tennessee, gets some Bush's Beans and visit Forbidden Caverns!

http://www.forbiddencavern.com/









No comments: