Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jim Beam

We finally made it to the Jim Beam Distillery in Clermont Kentucky!

This was the sixth stop for me on my Kentucky Bourbon Trail Tour, completing my passport book (a seventh one has since been added).  It felt good getting my final stamp!

The tour was similar to some of the other ones we have taken.  It lasts about an hour and 15 minutes.  You walk through some of the production area, hear about the history of bourbon, etc.

Jim Beam's visitor center and tasting area did have a newer feel than some of the other sites on the Bourbon Trail.  I liked the selection and variety of merchandise in the gift shop too.

In the tasting area, you are given a card similar to a credit card to use on samples.  The sampling system they use is automated.  You are given a card that tells about each of the various drinks you can sample.

As I have mentioned before, I am not a drinker, and I didn't do any sampling on this day but the system seemed a bit impersonal, though I did notice some people seemed to appreciate the easiness of the process.

With the newer visitor center and the automated sample dispensers, Jim Beam is one of the more modern tours we have taken.  it is very polished.  Among our group, some felt this was very nice, while others appreciate an aged feel on a bourbon tour.

The tour was a reasonable $8, and you do get a VERY cool souvenir ticket.  They had a very good crowd on the Saturday we went, and it might not be a bad idea to call for a reservation before going!



http://kybourbontrail.com/index.php/jim_beam/

http://kybourbontrail.com/










No comments: