Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Mount Rushmore Q & A" by Nick Clifford






I was very excited to see Nick Clifford at the book store at Mt. Rushmore on our trip to South Dakota!

Nick did some drilling on the legendary monument.  He was friendly with the Burglum family, and he was working at a young age on the faces.

Nick seemed to enjoy chatting with visitors at the book store.  He said that everyone always asked him pretty much the same questions about working on Mt. Rushmore, so he figured he would write a book covering the most asked questions!  I was going to ask him something, but I told him that I wouldn't bother him; I would just read his book!

Mr. Clifford's book was a bargain at $10, and he tossed in a signed baseball card from his days playing in the area!

I think he is at the park a lot of the time.  Getting to meet him was a truly exciting moment on our last trip!

No comments: