Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday World- Santa Claus Indiana











In late October I made my way to Holiday World in Santa Claus Indiana!

If you are a fan of this park, you know that they pretty much shut down after Halloween and open back up in May.  I figured someone out there is itching for some info on this legendary theme park right now.  Here you go!  You are welcome!

When I was a very young kid, I remember going here each year with my family.  I do remember going there when it was still known as Santa Claus Land.

I really hate to admit it, but this was my first trip back since the 1990s. 

In many ways, the park still seemed very familiar.  There were many areas that I remembered well.

A lot of it seemed very new to me, like the roller coasters!

I was talked in to riding the Voyage roller coaster.  I will never do this again.  I mean, it was fun and all, but it was SCARY!  All joking aside, this is an experience. 

We did get there pretty much when the park opened on an October Saturday.  It wasn't too crowded, and everyone there simply seemed happy to be at Holiday World.

Beverages are free when you get in the park (adding to the value of the ticket).  Our first stop was to get a cup of warm coffee!

As we grabbed a beverage, we noticed Pat Kotch (one of the owners and the face of the park) doing a little work around the place!  Ms. Koch was extremely pleasant, and came over to chat with us a bit!

The older I get, the less likely I am to ride the rides and all.  To be honest, the thought of going to a mega-park and waiting around for hours in lines does not sound fun  to me at all.

Its different here.  I already mentioned the fact that they do have over the top rides, but the feel is much more calm.  You are in rural southern Indiana and the park feels that way.  I think I could go here for a day, not ride a ride, and simply just enjoy walking around and drinking free Pepsi. 

http://www.holidayworld.com/
















No comments: