Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Lexington Comic Con

http://www.lexingtoncomiccon.com/

I stopped by the Lexington Comic Con this weekend!  This was a very fun event with a GREAT crowd!

I REALLY enjoyed the costumes at this event!  Check out Cobra Commander!  PERFECT!

I am glad to see Lexington getting some events like this, and I am glad to see the crowds showing up!

I did notice, as I walked around downtown, that some restaurants weren't open!  Downtown was absolutely hoppin' with this convention, and the St. Patrick's Day Parade!  There is no excuse for not having a place staffed while this was going on!

Still, I was glad to see a lot of local businesses benefiting from the foot traffic the convention brought in.

I hope they have more floor space next year, as it was tough to get around at times once inside.  The convention cetner was crowded with dealers, comic fans, etc.

There were a lot of celebrities doing autograph signings and lots of cool comic artists selling sketches, signing comics, etc.

Anyway, I will make sure this event is on my calender for next year!









No comments: