Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Creme Coffee Shop in Owensboro




The Creme in Owensboro is simply my all time favorite coffee shop.  I know I have mentioned it here numerous times, but I really love this place.

I did stop by briefly this past weekend while I was in town.  They were having a small music festival there which was VERY cool!

I was only there for a couple of hours (the event pretty much went on all day) but music was everywhere.  A band was playing in front of the shop when I went in, and one was playing in their cozy back yard/patio area too.  A guy doing some classical guitar was in their main room playing before we left.

PLUS, the Creme had a good crowd and a festive atmosphere in general!  I am glad to see so much going on there!

I can't think of a more cozy cool place to sip coffee and check out some live music.  I think they are going to try to keep live local music acts coming in as much as they can, which is great!

This place has great coffee and other items, cool staff, and it is attractive.  The Creme almost seems out of place in Owensboro.  I would expect to see a cool coffee shop like this in a historic area of Asheville, or a trendy shopping area in Nashville.  Then again, I think Owensboro is trying!  THE CREME in Owensboro IS trying AND succeeding!

I hope my friends in town continue to drive past some of the chain businesses and patronize the local guys like The Creme!




No comments: