Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Stone Creek Coffee-Milwaukee Wisconsin




I mentioned a couple of days ago that we visited several very cool coffee shops on our trip circling Lake Michigan.  Seriously, we found some great ones.

And this was the first one we stumbled on that we fell in love with.  In fact, we ended up stopping by Stone Creek Coffee twice we loved it so much!

The location we went to is actually the Stone Creek Factory, which seems to be the brain center of the very small chain (they have less than 10 stores in the area).

Housed in a building that is over 100 years old, this shop feels like an extremely comfortable indy coffee shop, only much roomier than most.  You can spread out here over the site's first and second floor.  On the first evening we stopped by, we had the second floor to ourselves.

The second floor is also home to the Stone Creek Kitchen, where the crew at Stone Creek Coffee cooks up their treats (homemade using local products).

I can't say enough about how cool the atmosphere is here.  They design very artsy and attractive labels for their locally roasted coffees.  I have to admit, I actually bought a couple of bags of beans just because I liked the design so much!  I also bought a couple of bags of the coffee they brewed at the shop that day too- because I loved the flavor!

While I am talking about the actual store, while I was there they were playing Beatles and Johnny Cash albums on vinyl!  VINYL!  Even if Stone Creek's coffee wasn't as good, it would be worth stopping by just for the treat of listening to old vinyl!

We were there on Easter, and they had free peeps out!  I liked the peeps display however, with all of Stone Creek Coffee's great pastry items, I wasn't going to touch a peep!  I can have a peep anywhere- I wanted to indulge in Stone Creek's offerings while in Milwaukee!

If you are road tripping through Milwaukee, you have to stop at Stone Creek Coffee!  I feel very comfortable saying that this place is a perfect 10 coffee shop.  Great coffee, friendly and knowledgeable staff, great food items, cozy vibe, good music and good art.  I would love to see this small chain in Wisconsin expand!

http://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/





No comments: