Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Random Thoughts On Friday

Wow, there is something in the air.  It has been an odd week.

If you have read this blog for some time (hi Mom!) you know that I spent a lot of time in Cleveland Ohio.  In fact, I lived there for almost a decade.  I have a love/hate relationship with the area.  I think of Cleveland like I think of an old friend that really screwed me over at some point.  There are lots of fun memories, but I still hold a grudge.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great things going on up there.  If you go there for a weekend, you can have a lot of fun.  But, unlike many other cities that I love and enjoy visiting often, I LIVED in Cleveland for a long stretch.  I went to fun concerts, sporting events, etc., but I also dealt with some rough moments while I was there.  Frankly, I have personal issues with the place.

Also, I KNOW Cleveland inside and out.  I think I probably know every neighborhood not only in Cleveland, but also in Akron and other areas in that northern Ohio area.  East Side, West Side, I know it all.

But, again, comparing the city to an old friend, I feel its pain when it is in pain.  I feel sad for it when something bad happens.  I also feel joy for it when something good happens.

I feel joyful for Cleveland this week.

No comments: