Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Random Thoughts On Friday

OK, I know I jump the gun on this each year but.......  Halloween is coming up!

Yes, I know, it is over a couple of months away, but I am ready for the season to start!

My life generally goes in three seasons.  There is baseball season, which starts sometime in February (whenever pitchers and catchers report to Arizona and Florida).  That season for me starts to slow down in August.  I know the major league play-offs go in to October, but the various minor league seasons really start winding down in August, and by the first week or two in September, the minor leagues are done until the following April.  Sure, I will still watch the play-offs and all on TV, but the real excitement ends around Labor Day.

BUT THEN- I know Halloween is coming up!  The Halloween and Fall Season goes from about early August through November (yes, I still celebrate going in to November).

And I love everything about the season- store displays, temporary Halloween shops, the colors outside, and wearing a flannel shirt like its a light jacket.  Oh, and I love scary movies.

Then you kind of go in to the Christmas season, which is nice and all, and that leads in to winter....

I do have a few more Illinois posts to get up on this blog, and then I will probably do a few Ohio posts again.  BUT, from now until the end of October, I will try to have a very odd and strange vibe going on here at Kentucky Travels.

HERE, the Halloween Season starts right about now! 

No comments: